Sunday 14 October 2007

Day 67 - Dream Theater, Manchester Apollo

I've a confession to make, I didn't take this on Friday, in fact the first pictures I've taken since Thursday have been taken today. We're mega snowed under with the move at the moment as we move in next week so I've barely had a chance to pick up a camera.

Despite the fact we're busy trying to move house we managed to get away to Manchester for the night and see Dream Theater at the Apollo. The gig was brilliant with the band playing an excellent set but like a lot of gigs (predominantly millionaire American rock bands) we weren't allowed to take pictures, this was strictly enforced.

However despite this slight annoyance we had a fab time, Symphony X supported, a band who I was eager to see. Like any gig though the sound for the support act was awful which really didn't do Symphony X any justice. Despite the poor sound though I thought they put on a great show.

A fab night and more importantly a welcome break from box shifting.

No comments: